J O Y'S P A I N T I N G S
J O Y ' S A C C O M P L I S H M E N T S
• Received her Certificate in Art and Music from the Art Institute of Chicago in 1917, studied there on scholarship four years.
• Won First Place in three different categories for her paintings at the Idaho State Fair in 1925, which first brought attention to her art.
• Her canvas, “The Malad Canyon," circa 1925 was featured in the Boise Art Museum, One Hundred Years of Idaho Art, summer of 1990.
• Held membership in the Kappi Pi National Honorary Art Fraternity. Florida Audubon Society, Letter Writers Forum (Orlando Sentinel), America Artists’ League of Orange County, Pen Women United of America.
• Served on the Works Progress Administration Artists’ Project during the Great Depression. Helped found the Albin Polasek League of Artists, later named Orlando League of Artists.
• Her published books: Fine Feathers, 1941, Glamour Birds of the Americas, 1944, Drawing Animals, 1953 and Drawing Birds, 1963, Pitman Publishing Corporation.
• Murals painted in hotels and other commercial businesses, homes, colleges and public buildings across America, and a commissioned work by Disney World.
L O C A T I O N O F J O Y 'S K N O W N M U R A L S
• Beaumont Hotel, Beaumont, TX
• Silver Slipper, Speakeasy, LA
• San Carlos Hotel, Pensacola, FL
• Princess Issena Cocktail Lounge, Daytona Beach, FL
• Bok Singing Tower, Lake Wales, FL
• Canton Library, Canton, NC
• Linsaroe, home of Mr. & Mrs. Harold Butts, Ormond Beach, FL
• Ft. Gatlin Hotel, Orlando, FL
• Casa Iberia, Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
• St. Cloud Hotel, St. Cloud, FL
• First National Bank, Stuart, FL
• Foyer, Kissimmee home, FL
• Sun State Hospital, Silver Star, Orlando, FL
• Community Room, Fashion Square Mall, Orlando, FL
• Italian Fisherman Restaurant, Orlando, FL